Lobster Bisque with Kiwifruit
- 3 quarts water
- 2 lbs lobster tails
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan. Add lobster tails and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until lobster is cooked. Remove from heat.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid. Remove lobster tails and cool. Remove meat from shells and cut into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside. Reserve lobster shells.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup each fennel bulb, onion and carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 whole bay leaf, dried
- 1/2 cup each dry sherry and brandy
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup lobster cooking liquid
- 1 to 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 3 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled, diced, divided
- 3 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, peeled, diced, divided
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add fennel, onion, carrot, celery and tomato paste and sauté until vegetables are caramelized. Add peppercorns, bay leaf, sherry and brandy. Increase heat and sauté until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add lobster shells, cream and cooking liquid and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until thickened. Remove lobster shells.
- Stir in tarragon and 1 each Green and SunGold kiwifruit into bisque. Strain bisque, pressing hard, to extract solids.
- Divide remaining kiwifruit, lobster meat and bisque into 6 bowls. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Makes: 6 servings
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Calories 710 (62% Calories from Fat), 33g Protein, 21g Carbohydrate, 3g Fiber, 50g Fat, 30g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 315mg Cholesterol, 550mg Sodium