Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Shrimp and Kiwi Fruit
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 small limes)
- 3 tbsp gluten free fish sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces brown rice vermicelli or rice sticks
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups bok choy, sliced
- 4 SunGold kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
Whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Whisk in water and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer and heat for a few minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from stove.
Cook rice noodles according to package. Rinse with cool water and set side.
In a large saute pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and saute for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through (stirring often.) Remove from pan.
When ready to serve, divide cooked noodles and shrimp among four bowls. Carefully arrange bok choy, SunGold kiwi fruit, carrots, mint, basil and cilantro among the bowls. Drizzle each bowl with 1/4 cup lime fish sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
Recipe contributed by Deanne Segrave-Daly of Teaspoon of Spice.