Wasabi Salmon Filo Fingers with Kiwifruit Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted butter
- 1 lb 3 oz (600g) fresh salmon fillet
- 1-1/2 tsp prepared wasabi
- 8 sheets frozen filo pastry
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
For Dipping Sauce
- 4 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit
- 1/2 tsp finely grated ginger root
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Gently heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the salmon for 2-3 minutes on each side or until just cooked. Place the fillets on a chopping board and spread a little wasabi over each. Cut in finger sized strips.
- Take 1 sheet of filo dough (keep the remaining sheets covered with damp absorbent paper) and brush with olive oil. Top with another sheet and cut into 3-inch strips.
- Place a piece of salmon on one end of a strip of filo and roll up tucking in the edges. Brush the end with a little more oil to seal. Repeat with the remaining pastry and salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the rolls, joined end down, on baking trays and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- To make the dipping sauce, slice kiwifruit into halves and spoon chunks out into a food processor. Add all remaining ingredients, and pulse until roughly blended. Pour into a bowl and serve with the hot wasabi salmon.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 16 servings