Sauteed Shrimp Tacos with Kiwi Salsa
- 6 to 8 corn tortillas
- 1 lb shelled, deveined, uncooked medium shrimp
- 1 +2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 SunGold kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped, divided
- Juice from 1 lime, divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ large red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded (only use half for less spicy salsa)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- ½ red cabbage coarsely chopped
In a medium bowl, mix garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Add shrimp and coat. Cover and place in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
In a blender or food processor, combine half of the kiwi fruit, half of the lime juice, garlic, and honey until it creates a creamy dressing. Combine dressing and red cabbage and set aside.
In a medium bowl stir together remaining kiwi fruit, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and remaining lime juice and set aside.
In a large sautee pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or until pink.
Heat tortillas by placing on a dry skillet over medium heat. Heat for 30 seconds per side. Assemble tacos by placing cabbage mixture on a tortilla, then stack with shrimp, top with salsa, and serve.
Recipe contributed by Chelsea LeBlanc of Chelsea’s Choices.