Kiwi Marinated Pork Kebobs
- 2 SunGold kiwi fruit, peeled
- 1 green serrano chile (add second chile for more heat)
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp freshly ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cubed
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion cut into chunks and skin removed
- olive oil for brushing and basting
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- freshly crushed black pepper
Place the kiwi fruit, serrano chilies, ginger, brown sugar, lime juice, ground coriander and salt into a blender and puree. Place the pureed marinade into a mixing bowl and toss with the cubed pork loin and refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours.
Preheat grill to medium. Thread the pork cubes into skewers, alternating with bell peppers and red onions. Place skewers on grill and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes and turn, basting with olive oil as needed. Cook until pork has reached an internal temperature of at least 145F. To serve sprinkle skewers with chopped cilantro and crushed black pepper. Serve over rice.
Recipe contributed by Rinku Bhattacharya of Spice Chronicles.