Mediterranean Lamb Cutlets with Kiwifruit Salsa
- For Lamb & Marinade
- 1 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 12 lamb rib chops (cutlets)
For Kiwifruit Salsa
- 3 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit
- 1 cup peaches, chopped
- 1/2 cup papaya, small, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Angostura bitters (or Worcestershire sauce)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- For the marinade, slice the kiwifruit into halves and scoop the fruit out into a food processor or blender. Add sour cream and garlic, and puree until just blended. Take care not to crush the kiwifruit seeds, as this can make your marinade bitter.
- Place the lamb chops into a large bowl, and top with the marinade. Stir until the meat is coated. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- For the salsa, slice the kiwifruit into halves and spoon chunks out onto a cutting board; dice. Place all salsa ingredients into a medium bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush excess marinade from the lamb chops. Grill lamb 2 to 3 minutes per side until just cooked.
- Serve with the kiwifruit salsa.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 6 to 8 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: Calories 360 (41% Calories from Fat), Protein 33g, Carbohydrate 20g, Fiber 3g, Fat 16g, Sat. Fat 7g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Sodium 100 mg.